Saturday, November 20, 2010

Filing Cabinet or Room Decor?

If your husband is anything like mine you will understand the craziness. Trying to keep a house, or in our case a small one bedroom apartment, cleaned up is the most difficult of tasks. He has notebooks, papers, mail, pictures, just stuff everywhere. So I thought, a filing cabinet would help him keep his stuff in order and out of the way. I found one at Goodwill for $4- what a deal! But oh the ugliness, especially when his "office" is secluded to a small corner of our living room. The cabinet while still functioning as a filing cabinet turn into an end table. As I began to loathe looking at this thing in my living room I decided to pull out my crafting kit. Here is what I came up with: Of course I have to start with the before pictures...

Before: If you couldn't tell...
One more before...



And now using a sponge brush, Mod Podge, a phone book and blue paint this is what I was able to accomplish: This is the exciting part...

















I figured with the cabinet being filled with papers and other paraphernalia I really didn't need to make the inside look any better. And I have just two more for you...

One close up. And that is all I have for you for now. Next post will be another baby project I finished some time ago.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I just ♥ comments!