Monday, February 7, 2011

Baking Rainbows

 I am not much of a baker but when I saw these:
at The Dainty Squid I knew I had to make them!
(I just love that girl) They were very simple to make and fun to eat. I took some pictures of the process to share. Please do excuse the quality of the pictures, my camera went MIA and now I am left with only the camera on my phone. 
First, of course, you start with the batter. I just went with the plain white cake mix from Kroger as well as the food coloring. I did choose the neon colors, which were fun.
Step one simple enough, just follow the directions on the box.
Portion out the batter into separate containers and per container add food coloring.
Mix the color well, you can always add more color to get the desired brightness/color.
Isn't this already looking so awesome!
Layer the different colored batter.
Keep it up your almost there. How fun does that look.
Put them in the oven, follow the directions, and wait for the party in your mouth!
Okay I know a lot of pictures, I have only three more...
Fresh out of the oven :)
Awesomeness in a multicolored cupcake!




And finally...
YUM!!
Enjoy the awesomely amazing rainbow cupcake(s).
I couldn't stop at just one :)
And thanks again to Kaylah <--This also shows her step by step tutorial.

1 comment:

  1. Haleel
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment.
    I'm going to make these rainbow cupcakes with my cooking group at the nursing home.
    Ralph

    ReplyDelete

I just ♥ comments!