Thursday, February 17, 2011

Painted Canvas

I did it again... I stepped out and tried something new! My husband knows how much I love art and crafting, as Christmas presents last year (this past Christmas) I received some new paints, brushes and canvas. I finally decided to pull out the art box and see what I could do. God did not gift me with drawing or painting abilities but I like to do it and I did. A friend of mine has seen some of my "projects" and said she would like to see something owl related. I, loving owls, decided to take her up on the challenge. (She just moved into her own apartment so this will also be an apartment warming gift.) Now keep in mind I am not an artist I just pretend to be :)
The Sketch
I sketched it out hoping I would be able to cover all the pencil with the paint. So far so good, you can at least tell what I was going for.
During Painting Process
I wasn't too sure what brushes to use and what kind of brush strokes to use, it reminded me of being a kid and doing the paint by numbers. I loved those things, as long as you stayed in the lines you were good to go!
Finished Painting
I'm not sure what compelled me to paint the owl green and brown, hes/shes looking kinda moldy. Haha But at least I made up for it with the little fellows hanging out in the tree. Hey, I tried. I finished it last week and have yet to send it. My friend lives a couple states away, so I'll never know if she decides to keep the moldy owl hidden...Also while I had my paints out I decided this little guy needed a make over, Pronto!
Thrift Store find $0.69
Have any of you heard of Gnomeo and Juliet? I haven't seen it but would actually really, really like to. It looks so cute...So I'm not sure, yet, if I painted a Capulet or a Montague...
From drab to fab with just a new coat...of paint.


I went with the red hat...And how cute, after Halloween last year when all the Halloween costumes were 75% off I bought my daughter her costume for this year. Can you guess what it is??...I'll give you a hint: it starts with a G and ends with a nome...This cute little number below, only 8 more moths to go :)
I had already planned on making her a gnome costume but for less than $5- I figured why not!? Cute I know.

1 comment:

  1. I loved that costume....I tried to get my 5-year-old to choose it....it is darling!

    ReplyDelete

I just ♥ comments!