Friday, June 24, 2011

Vintage Altered

I wanted to be more attentive to my blog so I figured I could at least up date with a short post...I'll mention before I post pictures, I should have had before and after pictures while wearing the dress but I didn't think of it before I altered it...And I have yet to take a picture with it on. Hopefully you will get the idea.

I love vintage and anything handmade! I got one of those out of this bag sale, thrifted dress I got.

And up close...

There was something about this dress I liked but there was oh so much I didn't like. The length was mid calf, I'm weird when it comes to dress lengths. And shoulder pads, ugh! Who ever thought shoulder pads were a good idea outside of sports was sadly mistaken...And since its summer I wasn't diggin' the sleeves.

I brought the hem up to just above the knee, brought in the sides a little and took care of the shoulder pads and sleeves. (The dress is still a little wide and frumpy but I have a pink belt that fixes that problem :)

Trust me I know it doesn't look like much on the hanger but it does look pretty cute on. I am so excited to alter and make more things...I just learned/taught myself to use the sewing machine. We're still getting acquainted but its moving along pretty well. I did break 2 needles though on this one project so I think I need to be a little more careful.

I do want to thank all the bloggers out there that have given me inspiration and great projects to try out! I cannot wait to see what I can come up with :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I just ♥ comments!