Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Another monkey see, monkey wanna do...

I know I've posted about something I saw and wanted to do. I saw that top and I just had to make it and I loved it. Now I saw something else and I have got to do it! Here is what I saw:

You can view her blog and step by step tute HERE!

I absolutely love this transformation! My apartment is the upstairs of a house and our entrance is in the front but off to the side. Its very plain and uninviting. So I'm thinking beginning of next week I'm going to try my hand at making my little corner of the world prettier. The only thing: do I ask the landlord for permission or ask for forgiveness after it is all said and done? I'm thinking after I get done with it, and it looks amazing, the landlord will thank me for a job well done. But that's just how I play it out in my head :)

We have a screen door which we have no use for and it really just gets in the way, an ugly green and rusted railing and an absolutely ugly door. The door is a non existent shade of light blue and really dirty, dirty to the point that even bleach cleaner can't get it clean. The siding is the usual basic tan, which is fine but its just the boring tan with white trim. I'm thinking I want to paint the door a burgundy or a dark navy color, pretty sure those two colors would look really good with the color of the siding. The rail, not sure about that yet. I don't know if it should be the same color as the door or just a very neutral/ laid back color that won't be fighting for attention. I could always just paint over it with the same dark green that's on there. Oh, I'm just so excited to start and finish this project so I can see the outcome and feel more welcomed when I walk up to the front door. If you have any ideas you would like to share please feel free. I would love some feedback...And I promise I will take pictures and show you the before and after...Because that is in fact the best part!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I just ♥ comments!